Holidays mean family time, and I have been counting down the days. Now the feasting season is nearly upon us! I can’t wait, because family is my most basic community.
I count my best friends as part of my extended family. In today’s mobile world, family is far-flung, and we can’t always be together. (Besides, we’re fiction writers; we can make up our worlds the way we want, right?)
Dear Hubby and I are sharing Thanksgiving with our best friends this year, so I have been thinking about 5 of my top reasons why my community of F&F (family and friends) is most quintessential:
5. F&F cheerfully clean grease from the ceiling when the bird spatters grease coming out of the oven only an hour or two late.
4. F&F welcome you in the middle of the night when you’re evacuated from your house on account of a fire in the neighborhood.
3. F&F take you to the emergency room when Dear Hubby is out of town.
2. F&F understand why you dream your impossible dreams—and they encourage you to fulfill them.
1. F&F even think that your first book is brilliant!
On behalf of the Mysteristas, I wish everyone peaceful travels and Happy Thanksgiving! May your feast day of giving thanks be filled with loving family and friends wherever and whenever such equivalent is celebrated.