- Reaching for clothes in the closet right after applying lotion so that all items on the way to desired ones receive smears.
- Using the car to dry my hair via a complex system of window raising and lowering to control wind gust angles.
- Thinking I’ll be able to catch up on my writing/editing/grading “over the weekend.”
- Going grocery shopping without a list, somehow expecting to magically end up with all ingredients required for a week’s worth of meals.
- Changing my mind twelve times before doing what I was going to do in the first place.
- Hanging on to those paisley walking shorts from high school, to be ready when they “come back in style.”
- Believing it possible to buy just one book per purchase.
Do you have any such dreams for change, dear readers?